Monday, October 13, 2008

Monday Miscellany #4

I had a great conversation with Robyn Wroblewski this weekend. We had a full van of kids, but no one wanted to talk (has today's ipod generation lost the art of conversation? I wonder...), so I got to pick the mind of Robyn for a couple of hours. She's an amazing person, has a well-paying modeling job, yet "isn't interested in fashion." She's an avid horse-enthusiast, training and caring for Omega a Warmblood-Thoroughbred mix. I learned all about her two lives, the modeling world (I asked a lot of photography questions!) and the horse jumping/show world -- something I know just next to nothing about! I came away totally impressed by Robyn ... a quiet senior who's quietly doing the things she loves and is good at doing. Thanks Robyn!

____

Some stats from Clovis -- King had six runners that finished in the top 30 of their individual class, two were the third fastest of their class!
____

The weather in Clovis was absolutely stunning. I loved being cold again! Fall ... nothing beats Fall.
____

Mrs. Becerra, Mrs. Bowman, Mrs. Werley, Mr. Schupp -- we're not in Clovis without you guys! Wow, thanks!!!
____

Talking with Coach Peirce over dinner Friday night ... who are the top 5 presidents of all time? While we could agree to disagree on #1, (He goes with Washington, I go with Lincoln) he tried to sneak Jackson in at #3. Number three?? Are you kidding me? For the record, here's where I'm at: Lincoln, Washington, FDR, Teddy Roosevelt, Jefferson. For fun I try to get Polk promoted to "legendary status" after all, he did get California in the union, but it never seems to stick with folks. I'm trying to start a club called "Polk Folks". Any takers?
____

I close with Kasey Tippets ... #3 all-time sophomore in KXC history. She may not want you to know that, she may not want to know that herself, but I'm here to tell ya' the girl can roll!
____

Ok, maybe I'll close with Casey Candelaria ... #2 senior all time! Amazing!
____
Big things ahead of KXC! Let's keep rolling!

1 comment:

  1. "Polk-Folks"? Mmmm, good luck with that one, Coach.

    ReplyDelete