Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Monday before Finals -- Opportunities

With CIF Finals upon us this Saturday, I got thinking about how the race represents an opportunity or more. Certainly, on the sport's grandest stage, it's an opportunity to achieve excellence in cross country racing. The course, the weather, the fans, the competition, it'll all bring it out of you.  It's an opportunity to put into practice what you've trained all year to do.  It's an opportunity for some individuals and teams to qualify and move on to State.

Opportunity abounds.

One of the railroad millionaries of the 1800's was once asked by someone, "How'd you get so rich?" His answer was simple. "I seen my opportunities and I took 'em". 

So simple, yet so true. I ask you, will you see the race this Saturday as an opportunity to succeed? Will you "take it?"

No comments:

Post a Comment