Friday, July 18, 2008

I'm Moving!!

I knew it had to come some time. It almost came two years ago, but 24 hours later the command had been rescinded and a stay of execution had been granted. I don't think there will be any intervention this time by the Governator.

I'm moving classrooms.

9 years in one location! I've been the only teacher in C203. I was given the keys to mi casa back in 1999 when the school was brand-spankin-new, and I must say I've grown attached to my little second floor corner of the world. I enjoyed looking out the windows and seeing the weather. I had my own little birds nest from which I could look down on the quad.

But all that's over now. Orders have been handed down and I'm set to march out.

Actually, it's not all bad. I'm going to the room (about as big as a bowling alley) that Coach Mush once habitated (he's now in another room). If you gotta move, I guess it's not a bad place.

Tommy John, once a Dodger pitching ace, left my beloved Boys in Blue to go to the dreaded and hated Yankees. Like rubbing salt in an open wound, he equated the move to the likes of trading in a volkswagen for a cadillac. Not nice. But maybe a touch true.

So hopefully my new digs will be like driving a new Cadillac. You're still welcome to hang out there if you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment